Thursday, May 14, 2009

My First Mother's Day

What a lovely day it was! My lovely husband took the baby and let me sleep in until 8:30! It was so great! Then, he gave me a delectable chocolate donut for breakfast. Then, he and his dad got to work making a fabulous southern lunch for Margy and myself...chicken fried steak, gravy, mashed potatoes, corn on the cob, sliced tomatoes and fried pickles!! Sooooo good! We hung out and relaxed for most of the day. Then Lori, Laci (and close friend Phil) came over and Lori made all of us tuna casserole. I know it may not sound gourmet, but leave it to Lori to make a glorious gourmet tuna casserole...it was divine! Below are a couple pictures of a most lovely day!

(moment of schmultz - I truly love being a mother to my little girl. As everyone says, parenthood completely changes you life...they're not kidding. But i don't think I've ever experienced joy as deeply as I have just looking at my precious creation. God is good and I feel exceptionally blessed).



1 Comments:

Blogger Grace Family said...

reading about that southern lunch made me hungry! yum yum for your special day!

11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home