Sunday, May 09, 2010

Mother's Day #2!

I can't believe it! This is my second mother's day! My, how time is flying by now we have our little angel.

Matthew and Margaret let me sleep in later than usual and I was woken up with the sweetest voice saying 'mama, mama' over and over again...the best way to wake up! No breakfast in bed (Matthew knows better than that) but I was greeted with eggs, bacon, waffles, juice and a card from my daughter. We then got cleaned up and headed to the park to play with Margaret's new ride (Matthew got M a tricycle at a garage sale for $10...too cool!). We played and played and then it was time to head back to the house for some lunch and a nap (for M). After I got M down, Lori and Laci picked me up to take me to lunch and a movie while Matthew stayed behind to take care of M. We ate sushi at Katsyua (too deliciously yummy for words) and then shared a strawberry and nutella crepe. After we stuffed ourselves, we went to see, appropriately enough for Mother's Day, the documentary "Babies". It was unexpected but delightful (I'm still cracking up thinking about the temper tantrum from the Japanese baby and the Namibian baby trying not to fall asleep). Lori and Laci dropped me back home and I was greeted by my beautiful daughter (I now know how Matthew must feel everyday coming home with little M running and yelling 'Daddy' as he comes in the door). Matthew had gotten some tamales and made a chili to put over it. Not realizing how truly difficult it is to make dinner and watch the little one, his yellow rice was inedible and he had to just steam some more. But the biggest surprise was Matthew made a chickpea cake from scratch (gluten free). It was so scrumptious! Margaret even loved it. Another lovely card and flowers awaited me on the dinner table and we feasted. Matthew gave M her bath and I put her to bed. What an incredible Mother's Day and such a sweet capper to such a hectic week opening up tush. (it's my diaper store...oh, I didn't mention I opened a cloth diapering store/consulting firm with two of my friends...well, I must tell you about it sometime...but not now, I'm bushed!). :)

Being a mommy is the best thing I've ever done in my life. I love Matthew and my body for giving my daughter to me and I thank God everyday for the best gift I could have ever received. She is my heart walking outside my body for eternity. I love her more and more everyday. Happy mother's day to all you mother's out there!

2 Comments:

Blogger Katrina Marie said...

Sounds like such a wonderful day!!

1:52 PM  
Blogger Debra Grace said...

I know exactly how you feel! Being a mom and grana is the very best thing in all of life - to love and be loved is God's most precious gift to us. I am thankful He has blessed you with such a loving husband to provide for you and your beautiful Margaret to shower you with kisses and sunshine. God is good!

4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home