Tuesday, July 25, 2006

The 5th Annual Colorado Getaway


Lena and I had a blast with Mom and Dad on our 5th Annual Getaway to Kestone, CO. Some of our planned outdoor activities were rained out, but the rain held back for the Monday scramble golf tournament. Lena agreed to coach me at the driving range, seeing as I hadn't played golf for a whole year -- it'd been last year's tourney since I'd even held a club! Here's Lena giving me a thumbs up, as I size up the ball. Then, my back swing....pretty nice form, though the stance is a bit closed...



Lena, Mom, and I took a drive up to Loveland Pass, where the wind was knippy and we were inappropriately dressed (in general, the weather was much cooler than we anticipated). There looked to be lots of cool trails, where you can trek right by snow still on the ground in July, but in flipflops and shorts it was impressive enough to get us up and out of the car to pose by the sign. Plus, at nearly 12,000 feet, the air is so thin that walking up the stairs left us breathless...can't imagine what hiking would require, physically.



After Keystone, we spent a few days in Telluride. It's really one of the coolest vacation destination in Colorado. There's a free Gondola that serves as mass transit to get between Mountain Village (where our hotel was) to the town centre of Telluride, after a while it seems very natural, like an above ground subway. Of course, the views on the way down are spectacular. The picture doesn't really do it justice....you can really see every little house and building in the city as you approach from, what feels like, direcly above.




We played golf again in Telluride. Here's my approach shot on hole 18....the chip shot had a chance of going in, though I was happy to one-putt for par.







Here's a nice putt from Mom. What a pictureseque setting for a little afternoon golf outing.







This is supposed to be a picture Lena took of a deer....can you find it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home